Best Graffiti
Graffiti Art
Luxury Graffiti

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Friend Art: Wendy's Jewelry


Wendy B
's art is jewelry. As a kid, I loved trying on my grandmother's baubles--and I got my first piece of diamond jewelry on my sixteenth birthday, when my grandparents gave me a dainty ring. As an adult, I went to Wendy for advice on where to take that ring to be re-set (this was before she became a jewelry designer). Since then, I've purchased a few pieces from her (and drooled over many others). Of course I am drawn by the metals and gems, but I especially love how many pieces in her line are inspired by historic women--so in addition to the pieces being beautiful, they've got bitchin’ stories behind them (you can read about them on her e-commerce site and her blog). I have the Mignonette flower necklace (popular Victorian flower; above left) and am panting heavily over the Boleyn necklace (named for one of Henry VIII's beheaded wives; above right) and the Isabella Wolf-Fang necklace (above, center). (Photos courtesy of Wendy Brandes, wendybrandes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment