Best Graffiti
Graffiti Art
Luxury Graffiti

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mary's Cookbook: Cheerio Treats



During a recent family visit, my goddaughter Mary revealed to me that she was working on a cookbook and asked if I wanted to help her. Actually, she told me she would let me help her, you know, if I wanted to. She's seven and told me that she already had lots of recipes (so it was really my privilege to be able to help). After a meeting on the matter, I was in--and "Mary's Cookbook" became "Aunt Stef and Mary's Cookbook." We wanted to get right to work and started with ingredients in the house. Our first test recipe was for Cheerio Treats. A long time ago, I told Mary, I remember seeing a recipe on the side of a box of Cheerios, which was like Rice Krispie Treats but with Cheerios--and peanut butter melted in with the marshmallows. "That sounds awesome," she said.

Cheerio Treats

2 tbsp. butter
1 box of Cheerios
1 bag of marshmallows
1/2 cup of peanut butter

Melt butter in large pot, coating bottom and inside.

Add marshmallows and stir until melted.

Fold in peanut butter and blend with spoon.

Fold in Cheerios and gentle combine.

Spoon into baking dish.

Cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment